Sunday, August 31, 2008

At Least I Know What She Wanted To Buy At Target

Found this one when I was straightening her room. It may or may not be related to yesterday's list:

Is she trying to re-enact a scene from the movie "Fargo"? Slay some vampires? Cross-stitch me a "Bless This Mess" needlepoint to hang on the kitchen wall?

I better not piss her off, just in case she actually manages to get her hands on any of this stuff.

Another shawty post... no need to click.

Digg this

75 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You'll have to take a picture of the finished product!

amy turn sharp said...

these lists are hysterical! love em! She is awesome.

John D. said...

Hahahahahahahaha. Hahahahaha. Uhhhhh, hehheh. : )

Yer darn tootin!

Anonymous said...

Watch it. That list sounds suspiciously like ones my sister and I used to write when we were planning to catch critters to keep as pets since our parents wouldn't get us a dog. Only ours would have said "carrots" too.

Of course, perhaps they're just planning a kidnapping and you can relax. I mean, who could they tie up inextricably in ribbon and embroidery thread?

unmitigated me said...

I fear the 6ft gardening posts have something to do with Boy and Jail.

Jen said...

This is so funny and has given me a great idea for a post.
At this point, do you even want to know what she is thinking?

CT Mom said...

Yikes - considering the other post, I'm thinking The Boy better watch his back ...

The Mrs. said...

HILARIOUS!

We once looked and looked all over for my husbands passport. The one place we didnt look under my then 2 year olds bed. The items, my husbands passport, a dollar bill, his chevrons (rank insignia) that needed I needed to sew on his shirts, and some string.

I haven't a clue what kind of McGayver thingy he was going to fashion.

for a different kind of girl said...

I think the fact that she specifies "not a tarp" at the bottom can be viewed as a relief, for apparently there will be no body(ies) to wrap and dispose of. However, the need for METAL garden STAKES and neeting would concern me. Also, the faint hit of a figure drawn behind the list has me questioning whether that's a smile or a scream on the drawing's face.

These matters, coupled with the previous list can only mean sleeping with one eye open.

Madge said...

you need to watch out for that girl.....

MereCat said...

She's moving out! That's it. She is going to build an apartment!

Gina said...

That's a very specific list... I'll bet she has the schematics hidden somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by the pond!

Mrs. G. said...

At least a shovel isn't on the list...otherwise, I might be scared.

MarĂ­a said...

LOL!!! She's really creative. I think she's going to be a writer.

MsPicketToYou said...

my lists? so incredibly lame in comparison.

note to self: must work on better, cooler, more mysterious lists.

Trooper Thorn said...

Panic when the list includes:
- duct tape
- swede saw
- ether

Anonymous said...

She is building you a prison. Better cough up more candy woman. Pronto!

Lceel said...

You're okay - until you find the list that include a chainsaw ...

dkuroiwa said...

I'm definitely seeing a very very tall bird condo, decorated to make some happy "couple" a very lovely home!!
and yes, please do...take pictures!!

Bluestreak said...

definitely sounds fargo-ish. So funny.

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

maybe the garden stakes have some link to 'hospital' on the previous list :)

Julie said...

Maybe there's another list somewhere in the house and the three lists put together make all the sense in the world?

Unknown said...

I cannot wait to see what she creates when she gets her hands on all that stuff!!

Nowheymama said...

She wants to build a clubhouse for herself? Or a place to stash her brother?

Lisa said...

be afraid, be very afraid.

shrink on the couch said...

I think its fairly obvious she is building an embroidery shack.

???

This is simply hilarious. When's the trip to Target?

Madame Queen said...

A fallout shelter of some kind? Too funny!

Anonymous said...

I think it might just be a big, pretty, sparkly thing. We're going to need pictures.

TheWeyrd1 said...

Clearly she's gifted! But watch out if the list making goes over the top...

Samantha said...

I find the "not a tarp" addendum particularly ominous. ;)

Matt Pfingsten said...

Its gotta be a fort, right? The fact that the garden stakes have to be metal AND six feet long, however, is somewhat troubling.

I think you are right to keep your distance...at least until this all blows over. :)

Pollyanna said...

On the bright side, she does have EXCELLENT penmanship.

hangel said...

I often wonder what goes through my two-year old's mind...maybe I DON'T want to know???

Anonymous said...

A mastermind, clearly!

Erin said...

These lists are so funny I nearly peed my pants.

Sounds like she wants to build a fort. But I don't know about the bird netting part. Maybe to catch some illegal songbirds to roast for dinner?

Alice said...

Your girl is gonna end up robbing banks. With meticulous lists like that...she'll be head of Ocean's 19.

Tricia said...

I'm starting to worry. She's taken this list thing to the extreme. What are you feeding this child because my child...he needs some of that obvious organizational skill.

April said...

OMG I can't stop laughing. She's obviously organized and innovative so I wouldn't worry too much. At least she's not like my son, drawing pictures of people cutting off their own limbs or engulfed in flames.

SciFi Dad said...

It appears she's building some sort of shelter to house an outdoor fire. The netting is to allow smoke to escape, but she needs a waterproof roof to keep the rain off. The embroidery thread is to stitch the netting together, and the stakes are for supports at the corners and/or centre. The ribbon and the cardboard are, obviously, for ornamentation.

Jeez. Like nobody could figure that out.

Amy said...

That's really funny. I'd have to ask her by this point because I would really want to know!

the new girl said...

The tarp is NOT for the roof.

It is to roll you up in.

Lock your bedroom door, MM.

Jen W said...

Maybe these are the materials she needs to build her apartment from yesterday's list.

Vodka Mom said...

perhaps she is preparing for her teen years. She'll need it.

Angie McCullagh said...

That's hilarious. I wonder what's going on in that little head.

carrie said...

Well, we will know where to look for you when you turn up missing!

It cracks me up though, really, I have a list maker in my house also and recently I found a 'note' he'd drafted to his brother, begging for some one on one time in his room and it actually said that he promised 'not to be annoying.'

I was just so proud he spelled 'annoying' correct.

Practically Joe said...

Perhaps that reads "cardboard target" ... now it makes sense ... the stakes are to fashioned into javelins ... the netting is for capturing something ... Did she by any chance just see a Rambo movie?

Anonymous said...

This lists are keepers! One day all will be revealed...or not. Either way, it would be worth it to know what she needs for the roof...if not a tarp. Shingles?

Kirsetin Morello said...

An early sign that she won't be forgetting her homework or leaving gym shoes at home. This girl will be ORGANIZED. As a fellow list-making addict, I love her already.

Noelle said...

Did she somehow get her hands on a subscription to Martha Stewart Living? It sounds like she's ready to get her complicated craftiness on...

Carolyn...Online said...

Oh you must have her explain the "why" of all of those items. That might make them even better. Or scarier. Maybe best not to know.

Eve Grey said...

Is it at all possible she's a vampire slayer?...

Real Live Lesbian said...

I'd be worried if she already has access to a candlestick and a shovel.

MamaHen Em said...

Oh my goodness! What lists! I'm so curious as to what they are about and really, I hope they don't go together. I love "something for a roof, not a tarp" What is it???

Thanks for stopping by my henhouse!

Anonymous said...

Wow. that's pretty funny. I like the detail of the list. Not just garden stakes, but metal ones...6 ft metal ones no less!

Welcome back.

Ann said...

I think she is building you a time-out tent.

At least she doesn't have "eulogy" on there, let's think positive here!

Hey It's Di said...

She's working on your Christmas present? Can't wait to see/hear what it is!!

I really would be concerned though. If this is her Target list, what does her jail or hospital list include?

Unknown said...

This list is really funny - I wonder what she is up to?

Jennifer S said...

Sounds like it will all make a pretty cage, though. :-)

Anonymous said...

something for a roof, not a tarp?

we could use some of that stuff for our rabbit hutches...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

something for a roof, not a tarp?

we could use some of that stuff for our rabbit hutches...

contemporary themes said...

I so needed a good laugh! Thanks!

Also, thanks for stopping by, and I think the name Jennifer is awesome! I'm always explaining how mine is spelled, pronounced, yadda. yadda. yadda.

Cynthia said...

What the heck is she up to?!?

LiteralDan said...

You know, I could try to beat this, or even just add to it, but why? It's perfect as it is. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get everything, maybe it will be a statue erected of you!

taawd said...

this is my second attempt at this comment...

the list is hilarious!

it reminds me of the time when my nephew (then 5-years-old) gave me a Christmas wish list. He got most everything spelled correctly except "Mo Kntrl".

none of us had any idea what it meant. i decided to ask him about the word.

he looked at me like i was the dumbest person in the world and said (pointing out the words as he said them) 'Mote Control.

he wanted a remote control car.

how stupid am i?

Paula Lynn Johnson said...

I'm thinking she's building a mini-condo for her mini-me.

JoeinVegas said...

Interesting, these lists. Wonder what is going through her thoughts?

Kevin McKeever said...

I'd tell The Boy to be on the alert. Sounds like a little brother trap to me.

feather nester said...

She is too funny. A girl after my own heart. I've been known to identify my ideal job as list-maker.

Would love to hear her explanation. Let us know if you find any more!

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I love her list. And the interpretation.

KiKi said...

Please get the stuff for her. I'm dying to see the end result.

Mandy said...

...I think the inportant thing to note is that she wants to go to TARGET specifically:)

Anonymous said...

These are hilarious! I'm am laughing hysterically at all your posts and I'm getting annoyed stares from office mates.

Much like your flashback pictures, these posts surely deserve a follow up post!