No good idea shall go uncopied or unpunished.
I enjoyed being a Peeping Mom so much in Mrs. G's "Heart of the Home" multi-blog postapalooza a few weeks back that I emailed her and asked if I could steal the idea, with a little modification. Being the gracious hostess she is, she gave me the go-ahead.
So here's my thought. Since she already covered the heart of the home, I am interested in the brains of your operation. What's your intellectual sanctuary? Where do you go to do your thinking, working, and writing? Whether you're a cubicle jockey or a backseat-of-the-minivan scribbler, join us and lay it bare for all to see.
Here's how we'll seal the deal: (NOW WITH NEW SIMPLER INSTRUCTIONS!)
1. Create a post about what you consider your office: the place you get work done, or your best thinking space.
2. Post it sometime on Sunday, July 13.
3. Email me with a link to your post when it's live.
I will include links to all of your posts when I post mine, and we will commence general time-wasting.
Nothing below the fold today.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE...PLEASE MOVE ON.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Open Your Office
Streams of Consciousness:
blogging and the internets,
quickies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
38 comments:
I'm in...but y'all are gonna be looking at my kitchen table. Or Panera, otherwise known as my 2nd base. If only SBux had free wifi...
i'm in, although i'm confused by the directions. (that's not you, it's me. directions always confuse me.)
Count me in! Except I'm in California, so my "office" right now is the really comfy bed of this cute little Bed and Breakfast in Napa.
But I think I have a pic of my real Slog Spot archived in iPhoto somewhere. Probably much neater than it looks at present, however.
What if your "office" is a kitchen table and an unpredictable Internet connection? Can you still join?
Cuz if "yes," then I'm in.
Deb
sandiegomomma.com
I'm in, too - I'll forewarn my colleagues ....
As your blog love slave, which may account for incest they way things are going ... eeeewwwww, I'm in. My associate, Poopy Puppy, will also participate.
my "office" sounds a lot like sandiegomomma's and it looks like you let her in so i am too!
Gulp. If I do this, there's some serious dusting ahead of me. I tend toward neat and orderly, but not always clean. I guess I'm in.
Oh - and that scene from Office Space kills me. I almost did that with my old printer when it wouldn't work with my new computer. I cursed. A bit.
I'm in. I'm sure everyone is going to think I'm a whistleblower for taking pictures of work stuff!
Too many rules! My head hurts now.
Sure! Count me in!
Sign me up, Sweet Pea!
What a GREAT excuse to pick up all my clothes from my office floor. I'll take a "before" shot, though, just for kicks.
Can't wait to learn more about everyone.
I'm in. It will give me the push to clean this mess. Who am I kidding I won't clean it.
I'll do it, but I'm not sure how much I can write about it. Oh, the pressure to be clever!
I have a case of the Mondays and am skipping work, but I am in when they find me and drag me back to my office kicking and screaming...
I'm In! Since I'm a traveling consultant, I get to post about my hotel room in Austria. Sadly, it's MUCH nicer than my rental in Stamford!
Great idea. Next up: Open Your Bathroom?
I love this idea! I'm in. Interesting timing as my latest post is about recreating my office space. I will be in empty out & paint mode this weekend, but I think I can create the post ahead of time & do that post delay on Blogger.
Why do I feel the need to come up with some really creative/witty way to say, "I'm in"?
In! ...although I also find the instructions confusing. That's probably because I usually only read the first few words of a sentence before getting bored.
This could get ugly. Me, in my 'shorts', in my recliner, in my living room, with my bottle of rum at my side. UGH. Maybe I'll just blog about it without pictures.
Oh how fun! I'll be on vacation. I'll try to get it done early and have it post on July 13. :o)
Sounds like fun, I'm in!
I am not going to say I am in, because that wasn't part of the directions. people. I am just commenting so I can be part of the in crowd.
ip-skay the athroom-bay
I hope I remember to do this. I am disgustingly, hopelessly disorganized and buried under piles of scribbled on Post-it notes.
Me too! Sounds like a great idea!
i'm in. plus I've got time to go rent a swank office space in which my genius thinking happens.
I'm in. Just the jumpstart I needed, too. thanks!
I want in, but I'm away on vaca - oh hell I'll have to actually do something ahead of time...unheard of.
What a totally great idea. Only God knows if I will actually remember to participate on Sunday.
I'm in.... You already motivated me to clean my office and actually move my stuff in to make it feel like mine - rather than the woman who worked there before me. Only took 3 months. Thanks!
Eeep! I can't show this to the world; I just can't. Only two days to do it in -- no way. Have a 'Biggest pigsty in the blogosphere' contest sometime though, and I'll be in.
This sounds like fun! Count me in!
I am so there! Great idea - my little Realtor heart does so love an Open House. It just thrills me to bits.
Not only am I in, I will be wearing my flair too.
I'm in and I promise not to light the printer on fire in the parking lot!
Awesome idea, MM! I didn't follow the rules and therefore am disqualified, but I can't wait to see the winners.
Cue Chicago, because you're the inspiration. :)
I missed the fun, but I wondered: Does all that kicking hurt? Because I'd like to join in if I could still move the next day.
(My husband & I love that movie.)
Post a Comment