Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Phoning in a Twofer - A Meme with a Twist, Plus Giveaways!

A few weeks ago, I was "tagged" for the first time ever to do a "meme" (or whatever the kids are calling it nowadays) by the lovely and talented Mimi On The Breach.

When I first started blogging I didn't think I would do memes. But now I realize how hard it is to consistently come up with good quality shit to write about, especially since my life is not that interesting. Some of us can spit out daily posts that are dense, metaphor-packed, and cause the reader to weep helplessly by prompting the startling realization of a deep life truism. I, on the other hand, write about things like my kids' farts and my miniscule boobies.

Add the fact that work is really kicking my ass this week and the meme idea (with slight modifications for laziness) is looking pretty appealing. And for good measure, I'm going to throw in the other thing I thought I'd never do, which is to give away TWO (2) unfabulous prizes - revealed at the end of the post.

But enough pre-mumble. Let's get this party started. (And I'll keep the contest open until Saturday Morning.)

Rule #1. I tag ALL OF YOU. Don't feel like you have to link back to me, though.
Rule #2. Either read my six random things, or ignore them.
Rule #3. Leave a comment with one random thing of your own. Or not.
Rule #4. One prize will be given to a randomly drawn commenter.
Rule #5. The other prize will be awarded to my favorite comment, based on completely arbitrary and unfair reasons of my own choosing.

Without further ado, Manager Mom's Six Random Things:


1. I am afraid of earrings. I have vivid hallucinations about them getting caught on something and causing my earlobes to rip open and spew gore everywhere.



2. As a teenager I was once involved in a series of events that culminated in me throwing up in the back seat of a cop car. The fallout was more unpleasant (and more expensive) than you can imagine.



3. If you are trying to remain a MILF, but are on a budget, bangs are cheaper than Botox.



4. Having met him in real life, I find it entirely plausible that Always Home & Uncool and I are twins that were seperated at birth.



5. I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller. I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her. I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala.

6. I almost didn't add the "Mom" to the "Manager". Back when Manager Dad and I were dating, I never realized that I wanted to have kids. But then came the day that we first met MD's newborn nephew. I saw the look on his face when they handed that baby to him and knew at that moment that a) he was the man that I wanted to marry and b) that he would make the best father in the WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD. (Happy Belated Father's Day, MD).

So there you have my six random things. And the unfabulous prizes?

Yep, that's right! Two lucky winners will get their choice of a Kum & Go wearable, which gives me the PERFECT excuse to order the green shirt for myself.

Updated on June 30th: The random winner is Ann at Velvet Lava and the Mom's Choice award went Stamford Talk. Because she was my first non-relative reader, and she begged a lot in the comment section.

Digg this

62 comments:

meg said...

Sign me up!

Becky said...

weird Random fact about myself: I crack myself up all the time - my inner dialogue is hilarious; but only when it stays in my head. Upon trying to verbalize, the funny parts never seem to get expressed right.

Christy said...

Weird (No, weird like a FOX!!!) random fact along the MILF line....

I determined through no exhaustive research that wearing adhesive silicone sheeting under your eyes in bed will combat wrinkles.

And sex.

Hey It's Di said...

I agree with the bangs vs. Botox thing. Instead of getting surgery, I use more make-up! Just outline those lips a little bigger, put more concealer on those brown spots etc. That's my dirty secret...and nobody outside of the house sees me without make-up ever:)

Jon said...

A random fact about me is that I'm fucking crazy for pistachios. And not just the delicious nut, but the entire ritual. Finding the little crack in the shell, inserting the fingernail, the pleasing snap, scrapping the shell halves in a dish, enjoying the nut. Repeat. I'm a whore for pistachios. I could eat pistachios from dusk til dawn.

Thanks for the compliment and linkage.

Stamford Talk said...

Stamford Talk's first three:

1. If I can’t see things, I forget they exist. I have to have all my stuff where I can see it. This applies to books, photos, clothes, electronics, office supplies, etc. I only keep what I can comfortably have within my sight. If my little office/closet gets too cluttered, I don’t move things to storage; I throw them away.

2. I have a photo of Coolio.

3. Growing up, all kinds of random animals used to come into my life: Crayfish in my backyard, huge owl swooping in front of my car, bat in the basement, baby copperhead in the front yard, cows escaped from the field behind our neighborhood...
trees chewed by beavers in the pond behind the n’hood... seeing an enormous snapping turtle get run over by a tractor trailer on the way to elementary school...

Stamford Talk said...

BTW I TOTALLY WANT THIS PRIZE!!!!!!!!
Is there a limit to how many times we can enter?

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

#2 happened to me also. It turned out to be only a $100 fine though--it sounds like I got off easy!

Alice said...

Random Fact About Me So That I Can Win AWESOME Kum & Go Stuff - I once peed into a Ziploc bag because I was too scared to walk outside to the outhouse in the middle of the night.

And honestly, I have the mind of the 3rd grader because I laughed out loud at the words 'miniscule boobies.'

Bijoux said...

Would you believe that I use "Sun In" to highlight my hair? I have no patience to sit in a hair salon all day, nor do I want to fork out $140. Sun In - for that "just kissed by the sun" look........

John D. said...

You ARE a sellout, blood is not your color, but you're still extremely MILFy and Iwould so totaly Kum if I won your prize.

You ROCK Manager Mom. ; )

John D. said...

I'm sorry, I meant I would so totaly, totalLy Kum if I won your prize.

That's a lot of Kum.

Kevin McKeever said...

I'd give you the time of day, but I haven't worn my watch since June 2, 1995.

Crap, you got me again, sis. Thanks for the shout.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

"miniscule boobies" ahem!

I'll have you know that A IS FOR ATHLETISICM!

neutron said...

Skee-Lo's got nothing on Das EFX ... oooold school my friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U05LDDeWxkU

Anti-Supermom said...

Just did this yesterday, my first time actually talking to this person, talking about her baby. I tell her, "I've heard six weeks is a baby's peak fuckiness".

umm...fussiness

Eve Grey said...

Upon perusing the deep furrow betwixt my brows, I just decided TODAY to book an appointment for bangs...again!
Only because the botox...and tummy tuck...and the, uh... boob lift have to wait until 40.
Randon fact about me: My favourite candy is chocolate covered maraschino cherries. I know eh?!!! STOP THE PRESSES!

Laurie of the Seven Stories said...

Six random thoughts on your list of six random things:
1. My earlobe ripped from an embedded earring when I was SIX.
2. The cops were just at my house (read all about in my latest post).
3. You say MILF, I think American Pie.
4.I also have a strange sense of simpatico with Always home, and uncool. He just posted about a stormy night, and I was just about to post about a stormy night.
5. If I had a dog, I'd name it DOgglass, you know like Douglass, except DOg.
6.When I first had a kid, I wasn't so sure if I'd get married.

Audubon Ron said...

#4. If you want your dog to lick your ear on command, you have to master the art of sticking a dog bone up your ear.

(Okay, how’d I do, I SOOO want to win. Winning this is more important to me than American Idol competitions; I’ve waited all my life for this one single big break. This is my moment. I’ve never won anything before, EVERRR. I’m so smiley and glad to be alive. Air even smells fresh to me! I’m calling my grandma in New Jersey - at her nursing home. She’s so always wanted to win something like this more than anything before she dies. This one is for her.)

Adriane said...

#1 I once peed on the hood of a cop car in a fit of teen angst/riot grrrl rage. I did not get caught. I did earn mad street cred at high school.

#2 I obsessively have to have the toilet paper feeding to the OUTSIDE. not to the inside. I will change it, no matter where I am. Even at your house.

#3 There is a hole in the linoleum floor of my kitchen I choose to ignore using the time honored tradition of the cover-all throw rug.

#4 I have a wookie mug for a pencil holder.

#5 One of my boobs is a full cup size bigger than the other one. I hate buying bras.

All this is true. I swear.

Julie Marsh said...

I think #2 calls for a post all its own.

While I have never puked in or peed on a cop car, I did pee on the steps of Hillman Library at the University of Pittsburgh, something I cannot admit on my own blog because even though I'm 36, my father would fly out here and kill me.

Gina said...

Once, I needed to trim my bangs and decided to do it myself because I had an out of town husband, a wild-child, two babies in diapers,and I was insane. I couldn't find the scissors and I just needed to trim them enough to get them out of my eyes. So I used the clippers, and I slipped and cut them off entirely. Bangs or not I have no chance of being a MILF because I'm a DORK.

Unknown said...

My well of ideas has dried up a tad and I too am getting saved by a meme which I don't do often. so I totally get you there.

You have to tell us more about the the teenage manager mom puking in the cop car. That is good material right there.

for a different kind of girl said...

Sweet Jesus, I just rocked it old school on the way home from work tonight to Skee-Lo's "I Wish," and I am not kidding!

Um, I have it on my iPod. Does that count as a random fact? I also fear Big Foot and lightening, and even though I can walk down the street to the Kum and Go and get me a super classy KG tshirt, I'd be down with winning one!

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Is Kum-n-Go the new official sportswear of MILFs? :)

Laski said...

If I don't add you to my reader TODAY, I'll hate myself tomorrow . . . seriously. My new favorite person.

Anonymous said...

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with the occasional meme. But then again, I also like weekly posts and blog carnivals. *shrug* Of course, if it were a blog of nothing but memes... now that's a different story.

BTW, I love your blog header. Just out of curiosity, is that tribal flair incorporated into a tattoo you have? Sort of looks like it might be.

The Cheap Chick said...

Speaking of getting arrested, I was once busted by the Sandusky Police for trespassing at the beach outside of Cedar Point Amusement Park. The only reason why I'm not in jail? Someone else was streaking, and that was a worse offence.

Christina Schmidt said...

Now I have that song stuck in my brain - wish I was baller, wish I was taller... UGH. SO reminds me of bad collegiate moments!

Natalie said...

random fact about me...hm....

despite the fact that i have had four c-sections i still have a washboard stomach. (never mind the tummy tuck 2 years ago and the fact that there are enough stretch marks for it to actually resemble a washboard)

we happen to be rabbit sitting for the summer, and so far i can't get the rabbit to get into a hat to save my life. it would be fun though!

Mimi said...

Wow. You've got some mad photoshop skills there, Manager Mom! I'm impressed!

JoeinVegas said...

OK, I too want to enter your contest for Kum prizes (really).
Randomly, I too do not have an ear piercing as I am afraid it will catch on something and pull my ear off. Don't have any piercings anywhere. Might also have something to do with being a guy and real guys don't get pierced, but hey, it's totally random.

The Girl Next Door said...

I hate Elvis and always have. I don't understand the love affair the world has always had with him and/or his music. And I feel so UnAmerican being so UnElvis...

But I love your blog and neeeeeeeed that tshirt...

Noelle said...

I had a Sunday School teacher who wore such big earrings that the holes in her lobes were completely stretched out. They were mesmerizing and I think that's the reason that 1) I never wear heavy earrings to this day and 2) I'm an atheist now.

dkuroiwa said...

Okay...I want that shirt...not for me, mind you, but my husband...the man who will proudly wear a t-shirt that says "I AM the man from Nantucket"!!!
Randomness....i grew up in a really small town and at night the policeman (yes, only 1 at night!) would park the patrol car (still running) and go around and check all the business doors on Main St. For about 3 years, my friend and I would move the car...just around the corner or down the road a bit. Someone else was always in trouble for doing that and we never told anyone...except, now...I did...gosh..I hope I don't get into trouble when I go "home" this summer!!!

Ann said...

While previously you may have thought I was a semi-mensa, the next 3 facts will eradicate that notion:

1) I have locked the keys in my car while it's still running, TWICE.

2) For some reason, while at work - I will wait until I'm nearly going to piss my pants until finally schlepping to the restroom, so BOTHERED that my body is interrupting my schedule.

3) Love the smell of my dogs' breath - so much so, that when either of them yawn, I'll lean in a little, just so I can catch an extra little whiff.

Shut up self.

laurie said...

I had 2 dates to Homecoming and 2 dates to prom...both time on accident. I ended up being able to go with both. Man, I must have been so confident back then. (ha)

JCK said...

Anyone that can ride the corporate jet, be a mom, work and BLOG gets my vote. Farts. Boobies. IT all works!

Momo Fali said...

Would it be wrong of me to wear that shirt to my church festival?

MsPicketToYou said...

Random fact: i once had a dream that Eminem was my boyfriend. In the dream, I called him Marshall or Marsh. Whenever I see a picture of him now, I think, "oh look my boyfriend."

MarĂ­a said...

LMAO. Bangs are cheaper. :p

Mr. Z said...

Random Fact: Growing up my family owned and operated our own convenience store. The tag line I created as a kid was "When the weather outside is frightful, home delivery's so delightful", sung to the tune of "Let it Snow" (I'm also a total Christmas-freak) It's not quite Kum & Go quality, but I was just a kid... ;)

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, and for giving me something to write about! You've got a kick ass blog, I think I'll stay, until you kick my ass out, that is. Randam Fact: My only claim to fame is that I once was in the audience of the Phi Donahue show in the 80's. I left baby I was nursing at home with Grandma, suited up, and went to the show in Chicago. The heat of the lights made my milk come in despite every effort to conceal it, I had drip marks on my blouse and lovely engorged boobies. Phil, ever the host, shook hands with all of the audience as they departed and when my friend asked to snap a picture of the two of us, he politely agreed and stretched his arm around my shoulders, poking me squarely in said engorged and dripping boob. I yelped like a dog.
You think YOU love a run on sentence? I think you and I were seperated at birth!

Nowheymama said...

Memes are great when you're out of ideas, aren't they? I've been considering a giveaway myself, but what am I going to have as a prize? Dairy-free recipes? Whee!

Anonymous said...

It totally cracked me up that you pasted your face onto all these photos. And I needed a good laugh this week.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Random fact?

I got walked in on by my Dad the very first time I was ABOUT to do something with my mouth to my high school boyfriend.

Not sure my dad has EVER gotten over that rather awkward moment!

Hallie

Author said...

I once had a coat that said "HEAD" on the back of it. My hubby's stepmom bought it for him, and apparently had no clue what it meant. He never wore it and eventually gave it to me. I wore it once to work and hung it in the breakroom. Later that evening I hear a loud shout from the back: "Who has a coat that says HEAD on the back of it?!" and manical laughter. I retired the coat after that and sold it to some unsuspecting mother in a yard sale. Seriously, where do these people come from that they don't know what HEAD means? And who is the company that got away with marketing this to Walmart?

Anonymous said...

Guilt is for people with time and energy. Meme away, MM. Meme away.

greebs said...

Cripes, I need to do stuff like this on my blog more often. 50 comments? Shnikey.

I once spent the first day of summer in the back seat and holding cell of the local police station. When I realized that it was under suspicion of a fire that had come close to burning my house down...and that my brother and his friends had inadvertendly started it with fireworks, THEN FLED THE SCENE, LEAVING ME SLEEPING IN THE HOUSE (next to, you know, THE FIRE), I ratted my brother out like a canary.

He ended up paying a fine. For almost killing me. Suprisingly, we're best friends.

greebs said...

Oh, and....that would be size XL. I'm deciding to be arrogantly optimistic about my chances of winning that shirt.

Animanous said...

Thanks for the comment love over on my blog.

I am randomly reading your past posts and it is making for a pleasurable morning for me. You have a new loyal reader... I guess what I am trying to say is I will Kum and Stay.

Also I used to live in Montana where Kum and Go stores are as plentiful as the swimmers in... well, let's just say they are plentiful. I was totally loyal to them (Kum and Go, not the swimmers). They are marketing geniuses. I am sure they have cornered the market on the gutter-minded. That is a huge demographic.

Mrs. G. said...

I'm in. Is that shirt going to get me in trouble?

David said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. It is important to me. I would try a shot at this cute idea, but feel it would get lost in your 5,000 gems of wisdom that your good readers have posted.
I do like your "voice" and will continue to read regularly.
Thanks again

Shelly said...

Hey! I don't think I would ever be brave enough to wear one of those shirts, so if I win, Stamford Talk can have the prize.

Weird fact - I think certain things are inherently dirty and I refuse to touch them - like garbage cans and garbage bags.

Unknown said...

Random fact -
1) I love casing trouble - in a fun way most of the time - but I can get angry at injustice.
2) I saw that huge snapping turtle two seconds before the truck hit it (the one StamfordTalks mentions)
3) Stamfordtalk can have the T - I wear stranger ones than that...
4)I already have you linked and enjoy your stuff.

FTN said...

Oooh, are we doing random facts? How exciting. Here's mine.

Back in 1957 I saved the world from certain annhilation by defusing a nuclear bomb in London.

I once scored 102 basketball points in a game against the Lakers.

I shot JFK.

I invented Tupperware.

How's that?

Susan said...

A couple of random facts:
#1 In high school I wore a t-shirt that had a deer head with antlers that said "I'm Horny". I got sent home from school to change to appropriate clothing.
#2 Two friends of mine went into a convenient store (also in H.S) to use their bathroom, all of us had to go bad, so 1 used the toilet, 1 used the sink, and 1 used the trash can. (I think I had the sink)
(Same small town as DKuriowa's previous post. I think she might have been the trash can)

Anonymous said...

Those fucking earings...classic.

Okay, here we go (author's note: I have never, ever participated in one of these things, and furthermore the fact that they are called a meme makes me think of a mime which in turns me on like crazy)

1. I think I unintentially gave out a random fact about myself by writing the "author's note". Shit.

2. I have a friend, I call him (no joke) JodiFosterTurkeyBaster. Now generally one wuld think, "That must be his random strange thingy, either that or his weenis (definately weird and strange, and can be classified as a thingy)" But no, the random thing about this friend and I is that we have haiku contests. We follow the 5X7X5 format, and try to make one another laugh via our poetic awesomeness.

Here is an example of one of our exchanges:

me:
Let us fornicate
And then dance in the lillies
Pee on me, fat bitch

baster:
shame is your haiku.
the pain it tears me apart.
so does your weenis.

3. I have been married for 8 years.



I'm only 25

4. I don't like cargo pants. They weight down my legs.

5. It has been over 2 years since I last "pleasured myself" and the last time Dora the Explorer was involved.

6. I really, really like Phil Collins. It's a problem, really.

That's all I got, and that was unnecessarily long, and for that I am ashamed.

Anonymous said...

7. I forgot the 'o' in the word would.

Anonymous said...

Holy Shit..I wanna win a shirt. I'd like the large in Green please.

Thing about me:
I was in my 20's before I realized you were supposed to "trim the bush".

I bite my fingernails.

I smoke too much.

I have 2 age spots or something like that on my left hand. So now my hands look old.

Allie said...

We just established over on The Prettiest Denny's Waitress that I can't stand the c-word.

No, not THAT c-word. The word carabiner. It is random. It is weird. But the word freakin grates on my. My ears can't take it. I cringe when ever my husband says it. And he says it lot, just to tick me off.

sassy stephanie said...

Imagine working for there corporate office: "I am corporate Kum." I would SO tell every person I ran across.

Pa-leaze tell me I'm not to late!!

Randoms:

1) I'm secretly hoping that "saturday morning" is mommy talk for "saturday afternoon since I blogged the day away and oh SHIT now it's almost dinner time"

2)I once rode a bus in Mexico with a hen house worth of chickens

3) I rock it to miley, even when the kids are not in the car (well, guess that's more of a confession)

4) I so luv to take bills from boys that challenge me to a drinking contest, then are dumb enough to bet that I will pass out before them...suckas!!


luv yer blog. you a funny.